Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What is that?


"What do you think, K'sretti*?
"i think it's dead."
"And i think you are an ass.  What killed it and how long ago?"
Ch'voga shrugged, "Only Yah knows.  Something which did not find its company agreeable.  But not very long at all, i would think.  The sand hasn't even begun to cover it."
"So it could still be close.  I wonder what it thinks of our presence then?"
"Only Yah knows.  But if it can take down a monotooth, the three of us will not provide much entertainment."
Kurga shivered, "I have no pity for monotooths, but i have no desire to know what slays them for sport either.  Have you seen enough?"
"i have."
"Prudence would suggest we sail far and fast then."
"And i would agree with her."
(*Partner; comrade-in-arms, literally: My one who guards the tail)

[Author's note: this is actually one of the pictures that sealed the story in my mind.  It also introduced the main characters to both me and you.  It's like that when you write, or at least, when i write, i feel like the story is being told to me and all i am doing is relaying it to you.]

No comments:

Post a Comment